Thursday, November 01, 2007

Adventures in KUL (day 2)

Here's a partial log of the notes I took throughout the day:

We're back at Berjaya Times Square, considered by many here as a disaster of a mall - in a city of many many malls. Right now we're all enjoying 30-minute foot massages by a bunch of Chinese reflexologists. I hope my ankle gets better because I've been limping since last night.

I got my Masterpiece Starscream, which is why we went back to this mall. The availability and prices of Toy Express can't be beat. The thing is, the edition I got (which is gorgeous) is actually much different from the Masterpiece ed. designed by Shoji Kawamori which I was hoping to get. It may turn out that the price back home may end up being better, because Toy Express valued that ed. at RM 700.00 which is ridiculous.

But what I did get is quite awesome. It's spectacularly detailed, and faithful (if not entirely accurate) to the G1 version of the TVseries. Someday I will get that Shoji Kawamori sculpt, perhaps when (if) I get a fat bonus.

---

This morning we went around Francis' less-frequented places in KUL, except maybe for the Bird Park which is the largest indoor aviary in Asia. At first I intended to properly document each specie of bird I'd photograph, but the sheer varaiety is staggering. Had I done that I would have robbed myself of a great relaxing morning through lush greenery amidst waterfall structres, bridges, and birds.

---

I finally found 6 pairs of truly outrageous socks. They actually have exclusive members-only socks boutiques here, though I was able to get mine at the non-exclusive butik i-socks here at Berjaya Times Square. I need jeans next.

---

Hung out at Borders bookstore and almost broke down. There were so many manga titles that I wanted: NausicaƤ, Beck, Nodame Cantabile, Evangelion; as well as the Yoshiyuki Sadamoto artbook. I can't possibly afford them all. I'm girding my loins for the Revoltech series of toys that I want to get next year.

(I haven't been able to log our night-time expedition - mostly gastronomic, and I haven't posted most of the photos)

Here's a gallery of the photos from the aviary.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11547&l=eaf7b&id=512187143

0 comments: